Full-time Maternity Leave Contract (Apply Before March 6, 2020)
Working in collaboration with a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, this exceptional individual will provide leadership in the planning, coordination, execution and evaluation of all events. Secondary responsibilities include administrative support as required.
The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys multi-tasking a variety of events and meetings, possesses a can-do attitude and works well under pressure.
The type of events includes, but is not limited to:
Planning and organization of our:
- Annual charity golf tournament
- Signature Series (Housing Insights, Mayors Panel, Tech Show)
- Annual general membership meetings
- Special general membership meetings
- Quarterly New Member Orientations
- Quarterly Brokers Meetings
- Weekly education seminars
- Monthly member social events
- Community Events (Habitat Build Days, Adopt A Road)
- Annual Kids Christmas Party
- Annual gala dinner
- Annual Strategic Planning Sessions
- Develop events from concept to execution, and be responsible for every step along the way
- Prepare budgets and keep track of event financing including invoicing, receivables
- Ensure communications are prepared to promote the event
- Send event survey after events
- Collate event feedback
- Update CRM with attendance
- Set up and manage online event registration
- Create reports for directors after each event.
- Coordinate facilities, arrange AV and oversee contracts for events
- Manage room rental inquiries and bookings for our onsite facilities
- Assist in booking and coordinating speakers for seminars and professional development programs for our Realtor members.
- Confirm speaker requirements and ensure the proper equipment is ready and in order in advance and on the day of the seminar
- Assist with the signing in process for classes
- Coordinating the corporate calendar (working with EO, President and others)
- Managing the classroom calendar and handling bookings
- Manage KWAR’s corporate annual sponsorship program
- Review existing and new events to ensure KWAR members are being engaged at the appropriate level
- Liaise with volunteers, committees, sponsors and vendors
- Relevant post-secondary degree/diploma preferred (Marketing, Public or Community Relations, Event Planning) or minimum two years of experience in special events planning.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle as some in-town travel will be required from time to time.
- The ability to work well independently on several concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication, superior organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships; a proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans; print production expertise associated with fundraising events
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is required.
- Experience working with executives, sponsors and volunteers and managing, supervising and orientating people for events.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication with marketing and communications skills.
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation; volunteer management skills an asset.
- Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem-solving and attention to detail are imperative.
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
- Experience and comfort with the facilitation of committee meetings.
- Office administration experience.
Regular Work Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. (Occasional evenings and/or early morning)
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com