The KWAR has joined the growing number of boards and associations who have adopted the Quality of Life principles to demonstrate the commitment of the real estate profession to improve Quality of Life in our communities.
The approach is summarized in five principles:
1. Protecting economic vitality One key to Quality of Life is a strong economy. A vibrant economy creates jobs, expands the tax base and revitalizes communities.
2. Providing housing opportunities We all want a safe, decent and affordable range of housing near where we work, shop and play. We must grow the supply of housing including choices about design, cost and location.
3. Preserving our environment REALTORS® recognize one of the most important elements of Quality of Life is the environment: clean air and water, parks and open space.
4. Protecting property owners A strong economy depends on preserving the investment people have made in their homes by protecting the ability to freely own, use, buy and sell real property.
5. Building better communities Better communities come when governments work together to fund infrastructures such as roads, water, schools and transit that are the framework for a community’s Quality of Life.